Friday, January 19, 2007

Digitial Fine Art


This is my first post.  I'm in pursuit of opening a dialog with other artist and art lovers who are interested in digital art as a viable medium.

I am an artist, who has worked for many decades in various mediums and styles. In recent years I have focused on the computer and its use as a design tool for the creation of both commercial and fine art imagery. Many of my colleagues have been reluctant to recognise the validity of this fabulous innovation, and the use of computer generated images as an acceptable art form.

Ansel Adams, the photographer, faced the same narrowness in acceptance for his art nearly a century ago. I believe digital fine art has almost no history of its own; and we, the first generation of digital artists, will define this history.

I've worked in many styles (traditional and modern) as well as video, conceptual art, performance art, literature, and music. Creativity is a life style that has served me spiritually and economically for a lifetime. I think of myself as a multi-medium freestyle artist.  I have transitioned and evolved creatively for nearly a half century, and openly prepared to experiment in this world of new media.
Please, tell me who you are, what do you know, what do you do and think?

No comments: